For some of you dog-lovers out there, today’s post might be a bit boring. (As opposed to all of the others, which I desperately hope are not!) Drum roll please….. We were nominated for our first blogging award!
Thanks to one of our favorite blogs, the always hilarious TuesdayNightBoyfriend, we are now a “Very Inspiring Blog”. Woo-hoo! You should totally check out her posts. She combines her 3 favorite things, in a very creative way… her dog (a pittie!), her boyfriend Ryan, and food. They get pretty adorable together!
So, on to the rules of the award…
Link back to the person who nominated youCHECK!
- Nominate 15 bloggers
- Share 7 facts about yourself
Embarrassingly enough, the nominations part is super simple for me. There are SO many blogs that I follow on a regular basis, and I would love the opportunity to give them a shout-out. However, I just want to clarify that I am still learning the rules of blogging etiquette. To me, getting a blogging award is this Super Cool Thing (just ask Jonathan, who gets to deal with my daily rundown of new blogging stats on the regular), but perhaps the writers I am nominating do not agree? To put it in perspective, these guys are the best of the best, the seniors of the school, the top dogs… so this is just my disclaimer that you don’t have to participate. Just take it as my form of complimenting, as these really are the people that have inspired us to do what we do. Participate at your leisure!
My Inspirational Blogs(in no particular order)
- Two Pitties in the City: This blogger hails from Chicago, and I love to read about their adventures in the windy city.
- Two Black Dogs: Obviously, I’m obsessed with the name, but we have more than that in common. This lady also nominated us for the “Super Sweet Award”. How ‘sweet’ of her?!
- Kate with a Camera: Dude. Kate’s photography skills are unparalleled. I wanna convince her to take a trip to Pittsburgh to photograph me with my pups! She is also a fantastic writer, and shares poignant stories that relate to all things furry.
- Peace, Love & Fostering: This girl is my age, so I love to read about fostering from a similar perspective. However, her training tips and rescue advice are pretty much unparalleled.
- A Heartbeat at My Feet: As if the name wasn’t swoon-worthy enough, this writer shares hilarious tales of fostering. Be prepared to L.O.L.
- Pittieful Love: The pit bull snuggle-fest continues. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- That Touch of Pit: Bringing both the male & female perspective to the world of pittie blogging, Josh & Jennifer have an impressive resume of experience in the world of animal rescue & welfare, and are happy to share their knowledge with the rest of us.
- Fostrickson: I have linked you to my favorite post of theirs, ‘Marriage Vows for Dogs’. You have to read it.
- Pitlandia: These guys are also a bit new to the world of blogging, so we share that perspective. The story of how they came to adopt a little brindled pittie girl is precious, and everything that ensues is pure hilarity!
- For the Love of My Dogs: This blog is all-encompassing. Head to their page to read about everything from nutrition, to responsible ownership, to animal welfare.
- Adventures of a Dog Mom: Combining dogs & food in the most glorious (and humane!) of ways.
- Doggerel: First. Time. Dog owners! As if that isn’t enough, their pup is named Pyrrha (I love unique names and a good literary reference) and she is a gorgeous, rescued German Shepherd. We don’t discriminate here, people!
- Our Waldo Bungie: Doesn’t the name just say it all? More dogs. More love. In a little Kansas Bungalow.
- Love & a 6-Foot Leash: I love every blog on this list, but I have to say, these guys are probably the creme de la creme. They are truly what started us on our fostering journey, and we can’t thank them enough. Blogging professionals. Oh, and their pups are ridiculously adorable.
- The Sweeter Side of Mommyhood: This blog has very little (ok, nothing?) to do with dogs. But I nanny for the amazing mama who writes it, and I love to check out all of her tips on raising happy, healthy kiddoes. She has the combination of parenthood, food, and art down to a science, people! She also advocates for a heartbreaking illness called congenital CMV.
Seriously, I thought long and hard about what blogs to include on this list. So sorry that I had to leave some other favorites out, but take a gander at the ones we featured. You won’t regret it!
On to the 7 Random Facts About Stephanie:
1.) I am a proud graduate of Penn State University, where I met my husband. I come from a long line of Penn Staters… my first word was Nittany!
2.) I was born in Chicago, and have moved around a lot since… this is the first time in years I feel comfortable saying that I know where I am from! Just North of Pittsburgh, to be precise.
3.) My dog Tonka is my best friend. Hands down. And no, I am not ashamed to admit that. (Hubby comes in at a close second!) Also, Tonka is a 50/50 mix of purebred Golden Retriever (mama) and purebred brindle Boxer (pops). Don’t try to argue with me, I knew the parents!
4.) I have been a workaholic for most of my (young) life. I have maintained a job of some sort since the age of 10 (pet-sitting businesses and horse stall cleaning, to name a few!) and graduated high school and college in a combined total of 6 years.
5.) Every car I have owned has been a manual transmission. I think everyone should learn how to drive one… it’s just way more fun!
6.) Riding and showing horses is my passion, but I’ve taken a break from that to focus on the fostering thing. I have been riding since I was 7 years old, which is over 2/3 of my life! My horse Frosty was my once-in-a-lifetime partner, and I still miss him every day.
7.) If you know the story of how I met my hubby, Jonathan, you probably think we are crazy! But he is my biggest supporter, and we balance each other perfectly. Life has never been better! I am one lucky girl.
So, I think that’s about it! Hope I haven’t bored anyone too much… Do we have any ‘random facts’ in common? Want to know more? Let us know! We will be back tomorrow with more from our Georgia girl. Stay-tuned!